Location: Cambridge or Bristol (In-Hub or Hybrid)
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Length: Full-time / Permanent
Job Reference: FPP/GNSS2
Salary: £65,000 - £85,000
Our vision is to improve every positioning solution
We are driven by a purpose to set a new standard for positioning technologies. Our advanced technology, which is an integral part of a chip or operating system, is transforming the capabilities of billions of devices used every day around the world, enhancing the efficiency and safety of everyday life.
We are looking for a Principal GNSS Engineer who is passionate about technology and excited about the goals of our company. You will join our GNSS team and help lead the development and delivery of our S-GNSS product. The role offers significant scope for professional development spanning the product and engineering disciplines.
- Join the development team and actively contribute to the software lifecycle
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of Supercorrelation software and testing tools
- Take ownership of requirements capture, test definition and quality assurance
- Champion the improvement and adoption of development processes
- Generate clear technical results and communicate to internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to team planning
- Provide technical mentorship to junior engineers within the company
- Relevant industrial experience (product lifecycle, requirements capture and test definition)
- In-depth knowledge of GNSS measurement engine signal processing
- Strong programming or analysis in Matlab, C++, C or similar
- Agile development
- Source Control (eg. git)
- Continuous Integration
- In-depth knowledge of the full GNSS signal-processing chain
- Synthetic aperture processing
- GNSS simulators
- Kalman filters and other probabilistic estimation techniques
- Multi-sensor fusion techniques, including tight and deep coupling for GNSS-INS
- Low-level embedded software development and testing (DSP)
- RTK and/or PPP and/or multi-constellation positioning
- Multipath mitigation methods
Your Development and Perks
Your development is equally important as our business grows and we offer opportunities including appraisals, career development plans, training courses, feedback sessions through 1-2-1 meetings, knowledge-sharing and cross-training.
Our generous benefits package includes the following;
- 8% company contribution pension scheme
- Your choice of working style- hybrid or in-hub, with additional benefits for in-hub workers.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Office closure between Christmas - New Year's Day
- Additional annual leave based on your length of service
- Paid professional memberships and career development through our personalised framework)
- Company-wide social events
- Weekly company-paid lunches for our in-hub & hybrid employees
- Company Options Scheme*
- Up to £5000 Recommend a Friend scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Vitality Health Core Package private healthcare (inclusive of mental health cover, EAP, dental, hearing and optical cover, and more)
- Enhanced parental leave.
*Company options are not offered as part of the package. You may be offered them through your employment.
Are You Ready to Change the World?
Our people are at the heart of everything we do and our successes are achievements driven by our employees. We stand by our values of:
- We are high integrity
- We are trailblazers
- We are collaborative
We thrive on building a global organisation that is truly focussed on growing an inclusive culture where staff feel supported and empowered to achieve their full potential. We aim to attract diverse talent from around the world and ensure fairness, and equality is at the top of our agenda.