Location: Cambridge or Bristol (In-Hub or Hybrid)
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Length: Full-time / Permanent
Job Reference: FPP/GNSS9
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000
Our vision is to improve every positioning solution
We are driven by a purpose to set a new standard for positioning technologies. Our advanced technology, which is an integral part of a chip or operating system, is transforming the capabilities of billions of devices used every day around the world, enhancing the efficiency and safety of everyday life.
We are looking for a Senior GNSS Engineer who is passionate about technology and excited about the goals of our company. You will join our team of GNSS experts and help lead the analysis of Supercorrelation™ trials with our key customers and partners. You will work closely with our engineering, and business development functions to deliver clear, concise and quantitative results, and derive insights leading to targeted improvements in our software.
Mentored by our CTO and analysis lead, you will gain a complete understanding of our Supercorrelation technology and the tools required to perform an in-depth analysis of the full processing chain. In addition, you will have the opportunity to participate in research initiatives aimed at enhancing FocalPoint’s existing products and laying the foundations for our next generation of technologies. The role offers significant scope for professional development, in particular in the fields of data analysis, algorithmic development, and customer engagement.
- Technical analysis of Supercorrelation trials conducted with our key customers and partners
- Support the creation and analysis of data generated via in-house trials or using our simulation tools
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the Supercorrelation software and analysis tools
- Generate clear, concise and quantitative analysis reports
- Present results to customers and internal stakeholders
- Derive insights from analyses leading to improvements in our software
- Propose, lead and participate in R&D initiatives aimed at enhancing our existing products and inspiring the next of our ground breaking technologies
- Relevant academic or industrial experience (e.g. the analysis of low-level GNSS signal processing/measurement engine outputs)
- Understanding of GNSS measurement engine signal processing
- Experience in data analysis and the experimental method
- Passion for solving problems and developing algorithmic solutions
- Strong programming and data analysis experience in Matlab
- Source Control (eg. git)
- Product development experience (requirements capture, test definition)
- Understanding of the full GNSS signal-processing chain
- Experience or good understanding of synthetic aperture processing
- Experience in using Spirent simulators for GNSS simulation and algorithm testing
- Expertise in Kalman filters and other probabilistic estimation techniques
- Knowledge of multi-sensor fusion techniques, including tight and deep coupling for GNSS-INS
- Strong programming experience in C++
- Experience in RTK and/or PPP and/or multi-constellation positioning
- Experience with multipath mitigation methods
Your Development and Perks
Your development is equally important as our business grows and we offer opportunities including appraisals, career development plans, training courses, feedback sessions through 1-2-1 meetings, knowledge-sharing and cross-training.
Our generous benefits package includes the following;
- 8% company contribution pension scheme
- Your choice of working style- hybrid or in-hub, with additional benefits for in-hub workers.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Office closure between Christmas - New Year's Day
- Additional annual leave based on your length of service
- Paid professional memberships and career development through our personalised framework)
- Company-wide social events
- Weekly company-paid lunches for our in-hub & hybrid employees
- Company Options Scheme*
- Up to £5000 Recommend a Friend scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Vitality Health Core Package private healthcare (inclusive of mental health cover, EAP, dental, hearing and optical cover, and more)
- Enhanced parental leave.
*Company options are not offered as part of the package. You may be offered them through your employment.
Are You Ready to Change the World?
Our people are at the heart of everything we do and our successes are achievements driven by our employees. We stand by our values of:
- We have high integrity
- We are trailblazers
- We are collaborative
We thrive on building a global organisation that is truly focussed on growing an inclusive culture where staff feel supported and empowered to achieve their full potential. We aim to attract diverse talent from around the world and ensure fairness, and equality is at the top of our agenda.